Today we talked about different ways you can use videos in your class. Videos can be used as a way to help students prepare for class and engage learners is a way that might be more interesting than reading text.
Why use videos?
- Tool to reinforce concepts
- Single concept per video; no longer than 7 minutes
- Providing videos before class gives the opportunity to consider more challenging topics in class
- Provides access to course content
- Foster discussion
- Evidence that students can do something: have them record one another
- Other experts enter your classroom
- Screencast-o-matic, orQuicktime Player. Create your own short video
- Screencastify: create a screen capture video and store it in google docs
- Presentme: Create short videos or Have students make videos explaining a concept or working through a moment of difficulty
- Tellagami: Create animated videos
- Include assessment in your videos
Edpuzzle: edit a video and insert questions